Monday, October 5, 2009

Meet Valerie's Cakes

My name is Valerie and I'm 7 years old.  For a couple of years now, my mom and I have worked on cakes together.  Here are some photos of my cakes.


This one was for the school contest when I was in kindergarten.   I made all of the bugs.  My mom cut the grass pieces because she didn't want me to use the pizza cutter.  It was a chocolate cake and it sure tasted good.


These were the cupcakes I took for my birthday in Kindergarten.  I made all of the flowers with little green cutters and a ball tool.  It took me about two hours to make them.  Mom baked the cupcakes, then I cut out fondant for the tops with a drinking glass.

This was my school contest cake in first grade.  My mom saved cake scraps in the freezer for a few months, and I crumbled them all up in a big bowl and mixed in frosting, to make a dough that I could form into a snake.  Then I rolled out pieces of fondant on a placemat so they would have bumps and put them all over the cake.  Last I painted snaky designs on with food color.

This year the school contest theme for my grade is Jungle or Forest.  I will be showing step-by-step how to make my cake this year.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment