Thursday, October 8, 2009

Decorating the Jungle Cake

I made the animals out of fondant.  I cut them out with cookie cutters. 



I used fondant tools to add details.


I painted spots on my giraffe with cocoa powder mixed with alcohol.


This is a clay extruder.  It can be used to make strings of fondant.  Here I am using it to make my lion's mane.


I cut the strings and put them around the face.


Here's my jungle before I added the leaves.
I decided it needed something else, so I asked mom to mix gray fondant.  My helper Sophie and I made rocks.  We put the leaves on too.


Success!!!


Here's my cake when it was finished.

Thanks for looking at how I made my cake!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! You are a very talented cake artist, Miss Valerie. I found your blog by following your mom's link from CC. Your animals are really cute and your leaves are terrific! They're way more complicated than anything I've ever attempted. I'm going to follow your blog. Maybe my son and I could try some of your tips. Thanks for sharing your photos and instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you made the animals,good job val. They are really cute. That is a winner for sure! Good luck. Let us know how the contest went. Thanks for sharing!
    ~tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cake and beautiful girl
    A kiss from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. bravo, c'est superbe, tu as beaucoup de talent !!

    ReplyDelete