Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Making Fondant Leaves

Today I was making leaves out of fondant.  Here are the supplies I used:

I used cornstarch, a rolling pin, a silicone mat, a petal pad, a pastry brush, a ball tool, cookie cutters and veiners.  I also used Easter egg trays to dry my leaves.


I rolled out some fondant.


I used veiners to make the leaf patterns.


I cut out the leaves with cookie cutters.


I pulled off the fondant to get the leaves out.  I rolled the extra fondant back into a ball and put it back in the plastic wrap so it didn't dry out.


Here I was using the ball tool on the petal pad to make the leaves thinner on the edges.  Then it will look like a real leaf.

I put the leaves in the Easter egg trays to dry.  The Easter egg tray makes the leaves dry in different shapes.

Tomorrow I will be painting my leaves when they're dry, and baking my cake.  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. First, you are completely adorable!:)
    WOW! your leaves look real. Can't wait to see the finished cake. All of your cakes are very cute.I love the one with the bugs!
    Keep up the great work. Maybe one day you and mom can go into business together!!
    ~Tiffany (cake central)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie....I can't wait to come back and see more of your cakes....you are very talented! So glad your mom helps you bake and BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome, keep going Valerie! Your cakes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such a great job. You must be so proud of your work. Keep having lots of fun making cakes.

    PunkinPie (from Cake Central)

    ReplyDelete